UPDATED AS OF 6/15/17: WMATA recently announced that their SafeTrack program will affect the opening of the Metro on Sundays. The start time for Sunday, July 23rd is now 9:00 a.m.
Check out the schedule at-a-Glance in the agenda tab of each session. We are so excited that author Wendy Holden and Holocaust survivor Hana Berger Moran will be joining us as the keynote speakers for each session. You will all receive a copy of the book Born Survivors: Three Young Mothers and Their Extraordinary Story of Courage, Defiance, and Hope.
We are less than four months away from the Belfer National Conference for Educators! Registration is now at capacity! If you can no longer attend, please send an email to email@example.com. There are several educators on the wait list who would love to attend the conference.
Have you applied for a scholarship yet? While there is no cost to attend the conference, we understand that the cost of traveling to and from Washington, DC can be pricey. We also know that hotels aren’t free! So, thanks to a few generous donations, we’re able to award a limited number of scholarships to offset the cost of travel and lodging.
- All applications become the property of the Museum. Scholarship applications are reviewed and rewarded on a first-come, first-served, rolling basis. Be advised that scholarships may no longer be available by the deadline.
- Scholarship recipients must attend the Belfer session that is pertinent to their content area: English/Language Arts or Social Studies/History.
- Scholarships are for first-time attendees. Past attendees may attend the conference but are not eligible to receive scholarship.
- Applicants must first register for the Belfer National Conference before their scholarship application can be reviewed.
Congratulations! You’ve registered for the Arthur and Rochelle Belfer National Conference for Educators! You’ve dedicated 3 days + travel of your summer to learning how to better teach about the Holocaust. You deserve to be commended for that.
As we lead up to the conference, you’ll likely have questions for us and we’ll certainly have updates for you. Want to see who else from your region is attending? Arrange a carpool or after-hours networking session? Then, let’s be social!
Join the 2017 Belfer Facebook group. It’s a space for you to meet other Belfer participants, ask questions and get real-time updates leading up to the conference. Once the conference is over, we send you valuable USHMM news. It’s a digital platform to connect and support this growing network of Holocaust educators.
Join the 2017 Belfer Facebook group now!
- Museum Hashtag = #USHMM
- Conference Hashtag = #Belfer2017